Wednesday 9 May 2018

Our first book to travel through time and space.

The header might not be the whole story, but I did think it would capture the imagination and hopefully the reader would then like to read on.

I am always full of ideas, not always full of completion stories, here is another idea. I remember from the dim and distant past of how someone would leave books at train stations and let them be read and passed on. I thought this would be an interesting idea to reconfigure. So, last week I asked my followers to suggest the best place for a cup of tea or coffee. I have picked one of them and one of my own to start the project off.

As it is my blog, I will talk about my suggestion first. At the beginning of the year, me and the good lady went to Brighton. Some folks might think the south coast of England in Winter is not a priority destination, but let me tell you that is is absolutely fine with us. We enjoy the lack of crowds, hot weather flies and noise which crescendos around you in the summer. The only crescendo we enjoy, is that of the waves on the beach, and they are a bit more wooshier in the winter.

On the Wednesday of our stay, we had a walk along the seafront. Starting at Brighton Pier, Opposite where we were staing"The Albion Hotel", and headed towards Hove. We had gone quite a way along, and after passing all the beachfront vendors/shops etc we came along to a point where seafront is dominated by flats and apartments. Obviously at this point we then decided it would be a good point to have a drink and bite to eat. Not knowing the area, and although googlemaps can advise of all sorts it is always someone elses recommendation. So, we ploughed on, until we came across a point of should we go back or lets go a bit further as we have already invested over an hour in walking. Lets see if we can find somewhere.

Luckily that somewhere was "Marroccos" which I at first sight mistook for someone calling their business after a North African country. But they are Italian, and they do "EXCELLENT" (had to express that fact) Italian food. It was an oasis in the desert, which is funny as I had miss read it as the desert country.

So my choice is to send a book I bought written by one of our meet the authors (Joe Pranaitis - Infinite Stars:: Chronicles & Shatter Time anthology) I have written a letter to the establishment and on the inside page of the book a note asking to read, review and pass on. Including details of my twitter account to send review. Now this will be the interesting thing. Will it crash and burn? Could it just be thrown in the bin? Will folks ignore? Or will it take flight?

My idea, is that this is just like travelling back in time, you do not know where you will end up, what your interactions will do, what would they do to the future?

This book being sent out into the unknown. Just what will it's own story be? Well, over the coming months I will report back on this page if we do get any responses. Whilst also sending out 24 other books. I have another already sent which I will report on to today.

This could be very interesting

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment